People want to enhance their spiritual walk. The average
pastor learns very little about ancient Bible customs from the
American seminary and often frowns on any further study in the
language or culture. Most pastors, once they see what is
available from a study of Jewish roots and how it will enhance
their ministry, will become quite excited about the materials and
curriculum that they will find available from the Network
Learning Center. You may contact the Learning Center : firstname.lastname@example.org,
or visit their site at:
HaY'Did Learning Center.
But the exciting part is, that this material and curriculum are available to everyone---be they pastor, or layperson, believer in Yeshua as Messiah, or not! And much of it is FREE! You choose what level of involvement--from children's programs through college level ---homeschool programs to independent study---you wish to be involved in! We have people that find our materials from all over the world, that are NOT believers, but want to explore the Jewishness of the Bible. We welcome all of you!
The following quiz is provided
Ron Moseley, Ph. D. has developed college level courses using distance education as the means of teaching the Jewishness of the Bible.
This quiz is provided to show YOU or your local pastor or friend, why it is important for them to study the ancient culture of the Bible. See what percentage of the following questions you already know relating to ancient Bible culture.
1. Do you know why Jesus spit on the ground and made spittle for healing? (Mark 7:33; Mark 8:23; John 9:6)
2. Do you know the Jewish significance behind the popular term "Thou sayest" that Jesus used in answering Pilate? (Matthew 27:11; Mark 15:2)
3. Do you know why the centurion politely requested that Jesus not come to his house? (Matthew 8:8)
4. Do you know what sect of ancient religious schools of thought in the first century of which Jesus often referred? (Luke 11:39)
5. Do you know what set of ancient Jewish laws are quoted in Acts 15:28-29?
6. Do you know to whom Jesus and other Jews were referring when they used such terms as "the Synagogue of Satan," "the first-born of Satan" and "your father the devil"? (Revelation 2:9; Revelation 3:9; John 8:44)
7. Do you know what group of Jews in the first century were famous for gathering groups together to disconcert other Jews as they did Jesus in Matthew 22?
8. Do you know what Jesus meant by the term "sounding the trumpet" in Matthew 6:2?
9. Do you know why Jesus was so critical of the early Shammanite view adhered to by the zealous priests and the moneychangers at the Temple? (Matthew 23:16-21, Matthew 21:12, 13)
10. Do you know what the terms "to bind" and "to loose" meant in the first century and how these were used then? (Matthew 16:19)
11. Do you know the first century significance of the term "as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal" used in 1 Corinthians 13:1?
12. Do you know what Jewish style of teaching Jesus was using when He said, "If your right hand offends you, cut it off"? (Matthew 18:8; Mark 9:43)
Would you like to have a satellite school in your area that teaches Jewish roots at the college level? You may offer a bachelor's degree in Middle Eastern History through Arkansas Institute of Holy Land Studies! All you need is the start up kit from AIHLS, a VCR and a television! Let AIHLS supply the curriculum and you act as the administrator to your local area. Courses can be as your students time allows!
Teaching Articles by Dr. Ron Moseley
Teaching Trips to Israel with Dr. Ron Moseley